Sunday 23 June 2013

the mighty storm

                                                                      THE STORM


We were away from school last Friday due to a severe storm that forced people in doors and cut power to lots of homes. The following is a piece of writing created from that motivation:

Last Friday my home town had a massive storm my Aunty said that 'this storm was the worst since the wahine'. Our dad had thankfully found some 7 hour candles. We watched a movie on my sisters laptop it was called after The Funeral - we had dreadful leaks (one that hadn't leaked in years).


After the movie I went to bed when I woke up all I could hear was water dripping from the roof and wind wind wind! When I got down stairs me and mum played a thrilling game of cards I won. At around 10:30 we got power and I practically watched t.v from then on.

No comments:

Post a Comment